Friday, April 27, 2012

Greatly To Be Praised

 Charm is deceitful, and beauty is vain,
  but a woman who fears the LORD is to be praised.
 Give her of the fruit of her hands,
  and let her works praise her in the gates.
(Proverbs 31:30-31 ESV)

I read this during my devotions this morning and it hit a nerve with me.  I often look for "acknowledgement" I'll call it.  But the truth is I want to hear the praise.   "the house looks great you must of worked hard all day".   "you look great in that dress"  "you raise me well mom"  "that's a good meal" (OK that would be a big stretch to hear)  "You do a great job with the running of the house" 

Well you get the idea.  I don't hear the praises from my family and friends much but then BANG this verse sunk in.   My praise comes from the Lord!   I don't know why I let myself be caught up in human praise.  I am to live for the Lord and he is the one who gives me the blessing and praises that count.   Sure it would be nice to hear these things from family & friends but next times I get in one of my moods where I start telling myself "they don't care" "It wasn't good enough for them"  "they don't appreciate me", well you get the idea.  I'm going to go to Gods word and read His praises and encouragement to me.  I will ask God to fill that void.  Just another patch for him to sow on a whole in my life. 

No comments: