Friday, June 18, 2010

It's Time

It's Time. Do you remember that saying from an old I Love Lucy show? No one is having a baby. It is time to leave for our yearly mission trip to WV. This is my 5th year.

We leave tomorrow morning. What is different this year is I am driving and not John. John is hoping to sleep since he has to work at 2:00 AM. We are leaving as soon as he gets home from work. My friend Susan & I decided to let John sleep this year and we will drive.

John will have a back seat buddy too. We are taking our friends grandson with us. His grandparents live in WV so he is going on vacation for a nice visit with his grandparents.

We are also praying for a wonderful surpise to work out. I can't share what it is right now. However I sure hope it can happen. I know so many many people would be blessed and very happy if it did.

I got the OK to go from my surgeon this week. He just said bring your meds, no lifting and limit steps. My friend Susan said she is going to be my accountablity partern in making sure I relax in the afternoon.

Once again I will try to post every night about our adventures. So if you know family or friends on our trip and they would like to read or see pictures all you need to do is tell them to request me as a friend on facebook or send them directly to my blog. On face book I will have pics from my phone from time to time that won't be in the blog.

Lastly I would like to ask everyone to be praying for Reggie. He is one of the bosses at World Vision in WV. He will be having open heart surgery on Tuesday. In past years Reggie was right beside us every day working and sharing. We all love Reggie very much and wish him the best and a speedy recovery.

No comments: