Thursday, July 23, 2009

Happy Heart

Psalm 139:23-24
Search me, O God, and know my heart;
test me and know my anxious thoughts.
See if there is any offensive way in me,
and lead me in the way everlasting.
As I said in my last post I'm having some heart health problems. Monday I had a Myoview Stress Test. They have you lay under this image machine for 15 minutes while it is constantly taking pictures of your heart. It moves very slightly every 25 seconds to be sure to see every part of your heart. As I laid there I thought of 2 things. Can they see a different when someone has Jesus in their heart? Do they see a happy rejoicing heart? The other thing I thought about is how closely and magnified they are looking into my heart. Kind of like God does. When your 15 minutes are up then you go out of that room and into a room with a treadmill. This is the stress part of it. They put you to work. You are out there running the race called life. The one I had they injected me with some junk and I had to walk very slowly. I was only there a very short time before they stopped it. Then you go back to the room with the image machine for another 15 minutes of viewing your heart.
It is so much like the life. God is searching your heart and then you go out into the world and He is still searching your heart. Does your heart look worse, the same or better at the end of each day? Does your heart look like a happy heart after running the race each day? Just something I was thinking about.

2 comments:

Sharon Brumfield said...

Isn't it amazing how God speaks to us even in those human times of testing.
So...when do you find out the results of your test?
I am glad God has given man such wisdom to be able to see things that are hidden from human eyes.
And there have been many times that I am thankful that not all the things in my heart are revealed to man....it gives God time to fix them before they touch others.:)
Let us know what you find out about the test.

Talk..to..Grams said...

Great Post! I like what Sharon said! Thankful that not all things in my heart are not revealed to man ... giving God time to fix them! Whew! He is SO good!
Keep us posted on what the test results say... Hugs Grams