Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Fear Or Fear

Matthew 28:1
After the Sabbath, at dawn on the first day of the week,
Mary Magdalene and the other Mary went to look at the tomb.
This was the morning of what we now call Easter. So I've been thinking about this verse. I thought I would spend a little time in thought as if I was one of the Marys. My friend Mary might of came to me and said "lets go visit our Lord's tomb". I would know the guards would be there. But what would of I been thinking as I walked to the tomb. Would we have discussed the events of his death? Would of we been weeping still not wanting to accept he is gone? Would I be nervous how would the guard accept us coming. Would we be walking with anticipation? He said he would rise again, after all he rose Lazareth after he was death a few days.
Then when we get there the stone is rolled away the tomb is empty. The angel tells us Jesus has risen just like He said. Go tell the disciples that Jesus is no longer dead. With excitement we run till we see our Lord. Who wouldn't fall on their knees? I might be shaking with fear of what is happening. Not fear of danger, just of the events. I can't even imagine how awesome that worship to the Lord would be. He is ALIVE. I know he was dead I was there. Then we take off most likely running we couldn't wait to spread the news Jesus is ALIVE.
Matthew 28:8-10
So the women hurried away from the tomb, afraid yet filled with joy, and ran to tell his disciples. Suddenly Jesus met them. "Greetings," he said. They came to him, clasped his feet and worshiped him. Then Jesus said to them, "Do not be afraid. Go and tell my brothers to go to Galilee; there they will see me."
What it comes down to in away I am one of the Marys. Jesus is ALIVE. I can have the awesome worship. I am to be so full of excitement I can't wait to tell others. So why don't I hurry off to tell others? It is fear. Not the same kind of fear when the Marys fell at Jesus feet. That was a good fear to have. This is a bad fear. A selfish fear.

1 comment:

Sharon Brumfield said...

Hmmm, fear seems to be a topic that is going around.
I understand what you speak of here...I guess the way I have addressed it is to ask God to give me something to say to people. It amazes me that when I do that He opens the door. And when that happens....I try to hare what I have been given as best I can. I just tell them what I know.