Thursday, January 22, 2009

Taken Christ Hostage

I am in a Thursday morning ladies bible study. We just started the book "Soul Repair, Rebuilding Your Spiritual Life." Today's assignment is to read chapter one for next week. Well I read just a few pages when I was hit by theses words. "Christ Taken Hostage" This part is dealing with judgemental. Do you realize you judge Christ? I know I'm not the only one here. I didn't realize it till I read this. The authors said the following about themselves.
"Even though we were taught that there was nothing we could do to earn grace, in practice the opposite was true. Everything we did was weighed and measured to see if we deserved to keep grace. "

This go me to thinking. I am like that. So often I find myself saying I don't deserve his grace. I am judging myself. Or when I sin and I do often, I'm not proud to say, I think right away I failed God. I know I'm not alone because I hear people saying "I try to be good."

Why are we holding Christ hostage to the negative in our life. God sees us clean, as white as snow. We need to stop looking at the ugly and thinking that is what God sees. God see the beauty and the cleansed.

Well I need to get to read to see where the authors was going with their statement. I just had to share where my mind went with this.

1 comment:

Denise said...

That is so awesome.