Monday, July 7, 2008

A Tree By The Water

Jeremiah 17:8
He will be like a tree planted by the water that sends out its roots by the stream. It does not fear when heat comes; its leaves are always green. It has no worries in a year of drought and never fails to bear fruit."

This morning I had a lot of work to do. I had food shopping, laundry, cleaning, devotions, pay bills and some phone calls to make. Now I was a little bugged my son gave me money to put in his bank account. That meant running 10 minutes (one way) out of my way to go do his banking. I thought I needed to get out of this mood so I turned on Christian radio.

They were talking about this verse in Jeremiah. I'm not sure what pastor was speaking but he said this is the verse he would give everyone and tell them to make it the most important thing in their life. Well the program ended with that so I turned the radio off to reflect why.

We are the tree. If we try to stand on our own without being feed by the Living Water we will dry up and break easily. But if we drawl from the living water our roots in Christ will be strong like the might tree in a storm.

We are to drink from the water daily and that will build us up so we don't fear the unknown or worry. We will be filled to over flowing and produce fruit. We will see our life and how it effects others. I don't know about you but I want to effect other in good way that draws them to God.

So I want to be the tree by the water daily. That means I must make it a priority to spend time in the word daily.

1 comment:

Denise said...

Great post! Yes yes , we are not sufficent in ourselves..... we need to draw from Him daily in order to live and grow...... I love how you put that all together......

have a blessed week.........