Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Come To Me

Matthew 11:28
"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.

I've seen this verse many times. I would look at it as Go to God in hard time and He will take care of it. That is not the meat of it at all.

First He says "Come to me" it does not say ask of me. It does not give a list of dos and dont's. Have you ever asked a child to "come here a minute" something we did often when they were growing up. We often would get the reply "just a second" "Why" or my favorite "I didn't do it". They would think something was wrong or we were going to ask something of them. That was not always true. Sometimes we wanted them to see something we didn't want them to miss out on, like maybe a view out a window. So then why do we thinking coming to God would make him a fixer. Maybe he just wants to make you feel loved.

I'm going to skip the middle, weary and burdened because I could make a whole blog out of them. I

will give you rest. Rest is to lighten a load, concern or take a break. To refresh. It doesn't mean do me a favor, what did I do wrong or I can answer that for you. God doesn't usually take things away with the click of a button. He wants us to learn something so rest can just be we finally got the point. Good job, well done.

This was just another verse I was thinking about.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Boy that sure hits home today for me.
Thanks for sharing that today.

Debbie