Friday, January 18, 2008

Faith and Knowledge

I was reading my devotions this morning and the following statement by Martin Lloyed-Jones spoke to me. "The measure of the straight of a man's faith always is ultimately the measure of his knowledge of God." How so very true.

This was something I've been thinking about on how to answer a friend of mine. You see she prayed her child will be drug free after rehab and she totally believed this child would. No one could convince her other wise. The child was released and went right back to drug. Now she says I prayed in complete faith, God didn't do His part.

You see the more knowledge you have of God, the more faith. This is because the more you know Him the more you live a holier life. Your whole prayer life changes. Psalms 37:4 says
Delight yourself in the LORD; And He will give you the desires of your heart.

Faith to believe comes from knowing the source of our faith. The more knowledge of God we have our faith will be straighten. You see God knows our desires before we do and the more we know him the more holier our desires will be.

Now back to this friend. Yes she can had faith that God will heal her child. But her child will need the faith too. At this time in the child's life they are not ready for this. So I continue to pray for this friend as she endures the trials of her life and that she will be drawn to seek and know God beyond just prayer.

I am asking my prayer friends for prayer as this friend said she might come to my church this Sunday. She needs a relationship with God so please pray she comes.

4 comments:

Kathy said...

That is such a difficult thing for your friend to have to be going through. I'll pray right now.

Denise said...

I will be lifting your friend up in my prayers.

Anonymous said...

I am praying.

Anonymous said...

Me too, Sandi......I am glad she has you, as her friend :)