Thursday, September 13, 2007

Thankful Thursday

Today I am thankful for my heritage. I don't mean my earthly heritage but my heavenly one.

Today I started the Beth Moore bible study "Breaking Free" I know it is going to good because I was in tears the first day. It was during our small group sharing and getting to know each other. We were asked questions (ice breakers) and shared our answers as a way to get to know each. Some questions were fun. But two of the questions were hard for me.

The first question I didn't realize was hard for till I we watched the video. The question was if you could be an animal for a day what would it be? Every one at our table said a family dog. Not me, I said turtle. You see I do like the slow pace of life but I could pull into my shell to hid and and not face things in my life. Now I know the turtle is an honest answer for me but it is the hiding I need to overcome.

The next question was, what was your most embarrassing moment in high school? That took me back about 30 years. The leader of my table said "you look like you are really thinking." I said I don't know if I really want to share or not. I did open up and the tears came. I haven't thought about this since high school and didn't realise how hurt I was. I now know that is the reason I don't make friends easy. I want to sit back and observe them for a while.

OK back to my heritage. Praise God he has given me what I need to be victorious. Read this verse in Isaiah.

Isaiah 54:17
no weapon forged against you will prevail,
and you will refute every tongue that accuses you.
This is the heritage of the servants of the LORD,
and this is their vindication from me,"
declares the LORD.

Isn't God awesome. No one can hurt my relationship with my heavenly Father. I am so thankful for this gift.

No comments: