Wednesday, September 12, 2007

I'm On Vacation

Last night our bible study group was studying the Book of Hebrews. We are in chapter 11. Question 11 read as the following. In tough circumstance, what connection do you make between your faith and the certainty of resurrection. (verse 35)

Hebrews 11:35
Women received back their dead, raised to life again. Others were tortured and refused to be released, so that they might gain a better resurrection.

Hebrews 11:39-40
These were all commended for their faith, yet none of them received what had been promised. God had planned something better for us so that only together with us would they be made perfect.

One of the gals shared that a former boss of her had the following saying on a plaque in the office

I'm on vacation, some day I'm going home!

Did you ever think of your life that way? How neat is that. We are just on vacation. I know I look forward to vacation time. I enjoy it for the most part and it doesn't always go the way I want it to. Sometime things happen that change plan dramatically, problems come up. Isn't our life like that? Don't you look forward this things and events. It doesn't always go the way we want it too. Sometimes we have problem.

But at the end of the vacation we look forward to getting home and sleeping in our own bed. Seeing people we missed. Is that like life too? Don't we look forward to be with Jesus in Heaven. Seeing people who we miss that have passed on? Resting in God's arms.

I'd don't know about you but I'm glad I'm on vacation and some day I'll be going home!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Bless your heart Sandi!
Thank you for your Post, today!
.....Going On vacation, too...:)