Wednesday, August 8, 2007

The Great Physician

I am dealing with health concerns lately. Well not lately when I spoke with my Drs. we can trace the symptoms back to almost a year ago. It all started in Oct. I know this because it started the week of my daughter's wedding. As time went on more and more different symptoms would appear. I've been having a doctors appointment at least once a week for the past 2 months now. It is now to the point come Sept. I will be having major surgery. They can't do it sooner because my blood pressure needs to be close to normal for several weeks. So far it has been normal since Friday. This is a first in many months. I've had many tests and been on many different types of medicines. I would get discourage but I knew I can trust God for the right care.

Yesterday I got a call from Deanne who was camping with me. She said she just saw on the prayer chain I had health problems and so does she. She said one of us should of said something and then we could of had a camper's buddy pity party for ourselves and then go to the Great Physician in prayer. We share what we were each dealing with and said we would pray for each other. Please pray for Deanne she will have surgery this Tuesday. She is in a new area doing mission ministry and doesn't know the doctors in the area. She said she will trust the Great Physician.

I got to thinking how I often take one of God's names and pray. Lately it had slipped my mind he is the Great Physician! How could I've let that happen with all I've been going though. So call upon the Great Physician to use his tools and wisdom to bring me strength, energy and healing. I ask Him also to give me a peace and calmness as I wait my time for surgery.

Isaiah 40:31
They that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength.

1 Peter 5:7
Casting all your care upon him; for He cares for you.

Matthew 11:28
Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy leaden, and I will give you rest.

Psalm 37:7
Rest in the Lord and wait patiently for Him.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sandi, You're right about Christ Jesus being the great physician. Do not ever let anyone try to convince you that "that's not for today" Not when He said, 'I am the same yesterday, today and forever'.

Praying that things went well.