Tuesday, August 21, 2007

The Evil One

Matthew 6:13 says And lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from the evil one.

What do you think about when you reflect on this past of "The Lord's Prayer?"
Do you think of Satin? I don't think that is completely what Jesus had in mind when he taught us to pray this way. I think what He may be leading to is all the "evil ones" in our lives. Yours may be different than mine.

What are my evils, well News shows is a big one. If a major event happens during the day I am glued to the TV and forget of every thing else.
Money was another one but God is delivering me from that. I use to shop without care of what I spend. God is teaching me the correct way to handle money.
Food can be an "evil one" I know I have little will power and it effects my health. If I ate healthy and exercise maybe my blood pressure would be OK. But I love my cookies and chocolate too much.

Evil Ones can be TV, books, music, other people, drugs, our words or things. They are different for each person to find on their own.
Jesus instructed us to pray for deliverance so we must ask for help.

Often we say this part of the prayer and move on like he never said it. He wouldn't say it if we didn't need it.

No comments: