Friday, July 13, 2007

What Can I Do For God

We all spend time in prayer talking to God. We often start our prayer with praise, as we should. We need to lift up and Glorify our Lord. We give him thanks for the good and even try to remember to give thanks in the bad times too. We seem to have no problems asking of God in our prayers. We may or may not ask for our self. We might be praying for a friends need or concern. We should pray for needs and concerns for our self as He is our provider. But here is what I been thinking about lately.

Do you pray and ask God what you can you do for Him? God gave us spiritual gifts to use for his glory. We are tools for God. So why don't we ask what can I do for you? Are we afraid of what might be asked of us? We need to take the step and ask God What can I do for you?

1 Peter 4:10-11 NIV
Each one should use whatever gift he has received to serve others, faithfully administering God's grace in its various forms. If anyone speaks, he should do it as one speaking the very words of God. If anyone serves, he should do it with the strength God provides, so that in all things God may be praised through Jesus Christ. To him be the glory and the power for ever and ever. Amen.

Galatians 6:9 NIV
Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up.

John 14:12-14 NIV
I tell you the truth, anyone who has faith in me will do what I have been doing. He will do even greater things than these, because I am going to the Father. And I will do whatever you ask in my name, so that the Son may bring glory to the Father. You may ask me for anything in my name, and I will do it.

No comments: