Thursday, July 12, 2007

Thankful Thursday

I am thankful for my marriage. I have been blessed with a great husband, John. We may not always agree but we have learned to work and compromise. We enjoy spending time together. The first time we were apart I had gone to Boston for some training for a week. John had taken a weeks vacation to stay home with the kids (12, 10, and 7). People would ask John how he was doing with his wife away and 3 kids at home. He would reply I can handle the housework and kids it is missing talking to my wife that is hard. You see while our kids were little he made it a point to join my in the kitchen every afternoon around 4:30 to talk.

My marriage is centered around God and I am blessed by that. We know without God the problems we face would be even harder. John and I have learned to consider the others opinion even if we don't want to. Our marriage isn't always easy. We argue but we work things out.

I remember hearing in a sermon early in our engagement to try to always look good for my husband. The Pastor said not that we don't look good at other times but if you are home all day cleaning and caring for the kids take time to "freshen up" before he comes home. If you work out of the home take time to "freshen up" before you leave for home. "Freshen up" doesn't just mean your appearance it means your attitude too. Then he went on to say guys you should be doing the same too. This has stuck with me.

I am so Thankful for my marriage and the man he provided to be me my life partner

1 comment:

Unknown said...

What a great reminder to me...I find myself not "freshened up" when my husband comes home!