Saturday, July 21, 2007

Ten Reasons to Read God's Word

I'm reading The Power of a Praying Women by Stormie Omartian. I'd like to share with you her 10 reason's we should read God's Word.

1 To know where your are going. Psalm 119:133
Direct my footsteps according to your word; let no sin rule over me.

2. To have Wisdom. Psalm 19:7
The law of the LORD is perfect, reviving the soul.
The statutes of the LORD are trustworthy, making wise the simple.

3. To find success. Joshua 1:8
Do not let this Book of the Law depart from your mouth; meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do everything written in it. Then you will be prosperous and successful.


4. To live in purity. Psalm 119:9
How can a young man keep his way pure? By living according to your word.

5. To obey God. Psalm 119:33-35
Teach me, O LORD, to follow your decrees; then I will keep them to the end.
Give me understanding, and I will keep your law and obey it with all my heart.
Direct me in the path of your commands, for there I find delight.


6. To have Joy. Psalm 19:8
The precepts of the LORD are right, giving joy to the heart.
The commands of the LORD are radiant, giving light to the eyes.

7. To grow in Faith. Romans 10:17
Consequently, faith comes from hearing the message, and the message is heard through the word of Christ.

8. To find deliverance. John 8:31-32
To the Jews who had believed him, Jesus said, "If you hold to my teaching, you are really my disciples. Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free."

9. To have peace. Psalm 119:165
Great peace have they who love your law, and nothing can make them stumble.

10.To distinguish good from evil. Psalm 119:11
I have hidden your word in my heart that I might not sin against you.

No comments: