Friday, July 27, 2007

My Protector

Our life is a little different than they classic family. I mean this because my husband works odd hours. In the years past he worked 1:30 AM till 12:00 PM. Recently he started working 3:30 AM till 1:30 PM. This means he would get up in the middle of the night and go to work. This didn't bother me when the children were younger and the house was filled with pets. Three years ago the house started to empty out. In the matter of 6 months all our pets died(old age). The children slower were moving out. That is when I decided I wanted another dog. I choose Kaci a springer spaniel. Queen Kaci as she is often called. She is attached to my husband when ever he is around. When John is not around she won't let anyone approach me. This gives me comfort in those early morning hours when John has left for work and I am in the house alone. Kaci has this mode of protection when she hears a noise at night. Last night for some reason Kaci was not sleeping in our room but in the living room. When the newspaper came Kaci heard the noise ran into the bedroom, jumped on the bed, stood at the bottom of the bed in attach mode barking and growling. I knew she was in the Protection mode and only after she felt it was safe would she calm down.

I took this time to reflect on God as my protector. God goes before me in His "attack mode" to keep me safe. God will always put Himself between me and situations. I need to release my actions and thoughts to Him daily to direct. He knows what lies ahead and what is best for me. I need to trust God more and not fear. If I'm truly putting God first I will walk talk and proud to call Him my Lord and Savior no matter happens or what others think. Thank you Lord for being my protector.

2 Thessalonians 3:3 NIV
But the Lord is faithful, and he will strengthen and protect you from the evil one.

Psalm 32:7 NIV
You are my hiding place; you will protect me from trouble and surround me with songs of deliverance.

Psalm 64:1 NIV
Hear me, O God, as I voice my complaint; protect my life from the threat of the enemy.

Proverbs 2:11 NIV
Discretion will protect you, and understanding will guard you.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Toni said...
"Our Hiding Place"....
What a Blessing that we even know Him as our Lord and Savior :)
Thank you Sandi, for reminding us of that beautiful Psalm!