Wednesday, July 4, 2007

My Independence

Being that today is Independence Day I thought I share with you something I am trying to gain control over and win my independence.

Like most women I would love for my house to be filled nice stuff and have the newest and best of things. Oh and clothes I would love to buy them all the time. Now with a grandchild on the way I just want to shop and buy things. Did you see baby things lately they are just to cute. All these things cost money and I'm not working anymore.

I came to realize I love the anticipation of what I'll find in my hunt. I can even get a tingling of excitement over the unknown. This is a great struggle to over come for me. I love the "stuff in the house" as scripture puts it. I am seeking the Lord for control over this, to hold myself back and control my desire.


Luke 17;30-31 niv
30"It will be just like this on the day the Son of Man is revealed. 31On that day no one who is on the roof of his house, with his goods inside, should go down to get them. Likewise, no one in the field should go back for anything.

But I love the King James for this scripture
Luke 17:30-31 kjv
30 Even thus shall it be in the day when the Son of man is revealed.
31 In that day, he which shall be upon the housetop, and his stuff in the house, let him not come down to take it away: and he that is in the field, let him likewise not return back.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

i too am trying to control my material desires. good luck to you!