Tuesday, July 3, 2007

Be Still And Know God

God is trying to get my attentions about something. He wants me to be still and seek Him about something. Here is why I say this.
Since I no longer am doing day care I haven't gotten anything done around the house. Yes the mission trip was important but I've been home over a week and 1/2 now. The only thing I've done in the house is run the vacuum and that is because we have a dog and two cats. They like to play and pull each others hair out in clumps. Well back to what else is going on. If you read past blogs you will remember my canoeing adventure (Life Or Death). Well my knee is still swollen so I went to the doctor. They have two thought about it. 1) a torn acl. 2) bursitis either way I'm told for this week to stay off of it as much as I can and absolutely no stair. No stair means no clean wash in my house.
We wanted to tear the carpet out of the living room and stain the floor well that doesn't look like it will happen anytime soon. Back to my doctors appt. I had my blood pressure check twice yesterday by doctors. At the 8:00 appt. it was 155/90 at the 3:30 appt. it was 150/100. I'm on high blood pressure meds so they are very concerned. Today it ranges from 165/90 to 153/77 I take it every two hours if I can.
I also had to give blood today to check on some other things.
I've spent a lot of time at my parents doing things with them. It is good but not nessary.

What all this comes down to is I need rest and relaxing. I think God wants me to take time for me and just sit with him for a day or two. Maybe longer. Please pray along with me that I Be Still and Know God

Psalm 46:10 NIV •
"Be still, and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth."

Zechariah 2:13 NIV •
Be still before the LORD, all mankind, because he has roused himself from his holy dwelling."

No comments: