Friday, July 6, 2007

Making Time For God

Recently I was asked how I make time for God daily and how to know his will for my life.
My answer at first was simple, pray and be in the word. Plus you just need to do it.
We got to talking more about this and thought I'd share what I told her.

First you must decide to take the time. Set a time each day even if it is only five minutes to start. Next you need to have a prayer closet. Now this doesn't really have to be a closet it just needs to be a place where you will go each day. The kitchen table, cozy chair and yes some mom of young children have used the bathroom. Have what you need with you, your bible, paper and pencil and you could even play soft worship music in the back round. I often worship with reflecting on a song or two if I'm having a rough day it does good for me.

Now before you open your bible open your heart and ears. Go to Good in prayer. Don't start reading your bible till you pray. I feel you need to pray first or you are just looking for what you want to see in scripture. By going to God first you are asking God to show you what he wants you to see.

How do you know you are listening and following God's will for your life? When you see your life in what you are reading. If you are reading about the fruit of the Spirits and you see the fruit in your life you are following God. If you are reaping God's blessings you are following. If you are rejoicing in trials you are following God's will for your life.

Philippians 4:19
Whatever you have learned or received or heard from me, or seen in me—put it into practice. And the God of peace will be with you.

No comments: