Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Is Your Mouth Saved

Does your talk tell people you are a christian? This has been on my heart lately.

I have mostly an unsaved extended family. So what does it sound like to them when I fall into the trap of talking about other family members. Some of my family I talk to daily. I find myself complaining about things to them. They hear worry in my conversations. I've been thinking how come we a worried about talking about God to them but not one bit worried about talking about friends to them. Isn't God our friend?

I know we don't want to over power them with talk about they must be saved but we can share situation how God works in our lives. We must give God the glory in everything. So we must let them hearing things like "with God's help" or "The Lord has a plan" or Lord willing". What comes out of our mouth must be Holy and pleasing to the Lord.

Today I had an interview for a job. At one point I was asked am I looking to go full time or stay part time and if full time would open would I be willing to go. My answer was, "I really don't know I would have to pray about working full time." She was appreciated I would seek God to see if that is what I should do. She also told me if a job would open full time I would be offered it but I could also choose to remain part time. At the end of the interview she said she will pray about who to hire and then do follow up interviews. That was an interview filled with talk that spoke of I live a christian life on both sides.

Ecclesiastes 5:2 NIV
Do not be quick with your mouth, do not be hasty in your heart to utter anything before God. God is in heaven and you are on earth, so let your words be few

No comments: