Monday, July 30, 2007

Holiness Is What I Long For

Ever since I woke up this morning part of a song has been going through my mind.
"Holiness, Holiness, is what I long for"

I'm thinking God wants me to understand something. So here I am blogging and I don't know where this will lead but I'm going to reflect so read on see what develops.

Holiness means separating yourself from the World. Don't get me wrong this doesn't mean to keep to oneself or only be with other believers. It means you should value the things that matter most to God. It means purifying yourself. Look at your life, thoughts, actions, things you watch on TV or listen to on radio, things you read, places you go. Can any of them be contaminating? Holiness is letting the Spirit flow through you. What is your motives are they God pleasing or self pleasing?

Holiness means walking closely with Jesus. When we are not walking close with Jesus and living a Godly lifestyle we are unable to see and hear the Lord. When we are walking close to God we are at peace and hungry to be with Him daily.

Ephesians 1:4
For he chose us in him before the creation of the world to be holy and blameless in his sight and in love

Ephesians 4:22-25
You were taught, with regard to your former way of life, to put off your old self, which is being corrupted by its deceitful desires; to be made new in the attitude of your minds; and to put on the new self, created to be like God in true righteousness and holiness

2 Corinthians 7:1
Since we have these promises, dear friends, let us purify ourselves from everything that contaminates body and spirit, perfecting holiness out of reverence for God.

No comments: