Monday, June 11, 2007

How Do You Walk

How do you walk? I use to think I walked normal. Then last year on the mission trip one of my roomies pointed out I stumble as I walk. I didn't notice I did this till was brought to my attention. I knew the reason why right away. From the outside I may look fine but I was born with one less lower lumbar in my back than other people. This cause one leg to be shorter than the other at time. I have to go and have my hip moved back into place every so often. So after this roommate pointed out I stumble when I walk I realized how often I did. It was very often! About a dozen times a day. I take a step with my short leg and then my longer leg's foot will hit the floor and I stumble. I guess it is something I just got use to.

So this go me to thinking about our walk with God. What do we look like on the outside. Are you all put together so they world can't see a flaw by it's standards? Behind the close doors do you stumble a lot. Is it something we just got use to? I praise God he picks me up daily when I stumble in more ways than one.

I went to my bible to see how God wants us to walk. Here are a few verses I found:
Deuteronomy 5:33 NIV • Walk in all the way that the LORD your God has commanded you,
Joshua 22:5 NIV • But be very careful to keep the commandment and the law that Moses the servant of the LORD gave you: to love the LORD your God, to walk in all his ways, to obey his commands, to hold fast to him and to serve him with all your heart and all your soul."
Psalm 86:11 NIV • Teach me your way, O LORD, and I will walk in your truth; give me an undivided heart, that I may fear your name.
Isaiah 2:5 NIV • Come, O house of Jacob, let us walk in the light of the LORD.
Isaiah 30:21 NIV • Whether you turn to the right or to the left, your ears will hear a voice behind you, saying, "This is the way; walk in it." (this is one of my favorite verses)
1 John 1:7 NIV • But, if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus, his Son, purifies us from all sin.

So look to God's light, walk looking to God in obedience and he will direct your paths.

No comments: