Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Got to love those Sinners

After writing yesterday's blogs I spent a lot of time with the Lord. The people in my life who are "pushing my buttons" are non Christians. God gave me somethings to reflect on.

In Matthew 6:32-33 If you love those who love you, what credit is that to you? For even sinners love those who love them. And if you do good to those who do good to you what credit is that to you? For even sinners do the same. I need to love the sinner and do good toward them too.

I looked at who in my world falls into the "unlovely" category? Who irritates, bothers, is ungrateful or even evil and unrighteous? Who make my life difficult and brings misery and heartache? Each one of these people is to be loved by me.

I know God will give me the grace needed to love those people who I encounter. God tells us to Love as He loves. God never asks us to do anything without giving us the ability.

So I am going to try something. When I look at the person who is causing my trials, I'm going to extend my love, God's love to that person Romans 5:5. God's love is there for us to show and give. We need to remember that those who are the hardest to love are the ones who need it the most.

John MacArthur says "Love is not an emotion. It is an act of self-sacrifice. It is not necessarily feeling loving toward a particular person. It may not have any emotions connected with it (Romans 5:8)."

We are to love and serve as if the person before us is Jesus himself. In John 13:34 Jesus says "A new commandment I give you, that you love one another, even as I have loved you"

Got to love those Sinners.

No comments: