Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Gathering of Chicks

OK I started this blog so many times now. I am trying to fill it with wisdom from God that will sound like I'm having a good time but you know what so far this week is one where I think I just want it to be over and start new. I know it is only Tuesday. So I have no idea where God will lead this blog so as you read on keep this in mind.

Yesterday I realized how much a family member stretches the truth and I got caught up in the drama, felt like a fool. Then I became angry because people of all ages are getting or will be hurt because of selfishness. Next I questioned what is my responsibility in all this. Do I speak up to those I love and see being hurt or sit quietly by.

I spoke to this drama person briefly at one point and pointed the conflict in her stories. She changed the topic and told me something very hurtful. She told me something I kind of new but it was never said directly to me. Now my first reaction is to get on the phone and call all the family members and tell them everything bad about this person. Why do we do that? When we are hurt we want to hurt them back. Vengeance is mine says the Lord.

I know I need to seek comfort in the Lord. This brings to mind Matthew 23:37 NIV • O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, you who kill the prophets and stone those sent to you, how often I have longed to gather your children together, as a hen gathers her chicks under her wings, but you were not willing

Why do we fight a Loving God who offers comfort to us. He so willing and waiting for us to come to Him. Did you ever see a Mother hen gather her chicks. She gives one call and they come running and snuggle in close. Now think about a new mother who snuggles her baby close to her. The baby will calm and feel safe and secure and completely loved. That is the feeling I love for today and I know I will feel it as I spend time in his present and keep all evil out of sight and hearing.

No comments: