Wednesday, April 11, 2007

death of sin

So often we just want to over come our sin and move on. I have a sin I struggle with all the time. When I go shopping. Is shopping alone a sin, NO. It is shopping when I am down. It is seeking when I shop to feel good. I then spend money I shouldn't. I do feel I have a better control over it but it has not died yet. So should we strive to just have control over our sins. I think the answer to that is found in
Romans 6:6- For we know that our old self was crucified with HIM, so that the body of sin might be done away with, that we should no longer be slave to sin;
We need to let the sin died and not just get control over it.
Now I am asking the Lord to let my sin of spending for pleasure die. I will seek my pleasure in the Lord.

1 comment:

Nikki said...

That post is exactly what I needed. Last night we went shopping because of how stressed I've been over worked. Besides the books, the other things would have never been bought if I hadn't done some "retail theropy" (as I have heard it called.