Friday, April 23, 2010

Family Friday

It has been so long since I did a Family Friday. So I thought I would do an update for all my family and friends.

First I would like to say Hi to John's family in Wales. This is a great way to keep up isn't it?

Well who should I start with? Let's start with the pets. Puppy Molly is almost 6 months old so on Wed. she will go to the vet for her procedure. We are hoping this will slow her down. I never saw such an active puppy. Our 3 cats are hoping so too. They have become cuddle cats. They will sit on laps just to get away from the puppy.

Well lets go on to Nikki and her family. Nikki and Steve are doing great. They are kept busy with the two little guys. Ryan is now 2 and potty training. Carter is almost 3 months. He holds his head well for floor play time.

On to Jason. He will be graduating from Liberty Unvi. in VA on May 15th with a degree in Biblical Studies. He will be working for World Vision. John & I along with John's sister Rosie are looking forward to traveling to VA for his big day.

Next is Amanda she is graduating on May 8th from East Stroudsburg Unvi. with a honors. Her degree is in Sociology. She has been been hired by Valley Youth House working with run-a-way teens. She will continue on for her Masters in the fall.

John is doing great. He is playing softball again this year. But his big task is remodeling our kitchen we are tearing it down to the studs and rebuilding it. We will have a big summer project.

I am still battling health issues. That H1N1 I had last November sure did a number on my lungs. It looks like I will have some procedures done this summer. I'm still baby sitting three days a week till June. I love having my summers off. I am also having fun with designing and re-arranging things for the new kitchen. Now if I can just get a cook with the kitchen. Some day I will post my cooking issues.

Mom is doing great. It is garden time and she loves working in her garden. If you sit down with her she will tell you all about her garden. She also enjoys our girls day out about twice a month. Mom, Aunt Lois and I will always come home with a funny story. We added my Amanda and Aunt Lois's granddaughter Haley twice now when they were home from college. I think mom loves that spending time with her granddaughter too.

My niece Krista, Rick's daughter is driving cross country to Cali. She is moving there. She set up a page on facebook called Road Trip 2010. I love following her posts and pictures. We wish her well.

So there you have the family update.

1 comment:

Sharon Brumfield said...

Sounds like things are going well. How sweet that you will have two of your children graduating. I know that you are so proud of them!
I do hope that things are going well with the kitchen renovations...can't wait to see the finished product. And I know you will be so glad once it is finished.
Hope you are doing well girl.