Thursday, June 18, 2009

Denfending The Word

Yesterday the rest of the crafts for VBS were dropped off at my house. The reason was so my daughter could prep them. When we opened them up all 84 of the one craft was made!!! The craft was leaf necklaces. They were to sting leaf beads on to a string. So my wonderful daughter sat down and cut them all apart and took them apart then bagged them individually. She make one sample of each so we know what it should look like and how long it takes. She is a big help to to us. She is not going with us but yet she serves.

Today I went to get my nails done. I'm sitting their when this gal comes out of the tanning room. She starts complaining about the rain. See here in the month of June we only had 3 days it didn't rain so far this month. She said she heard that the world is coming to an end in 2021. It will be a flood and only 40 of Noah's descendants will survive. I just started laughing. Then she says it is in the bible. Now I had to say something. I said, " I know my bible and may not understand everything, however I do know that is not in the bible." She said she saw it on the history channel. This was a great opportunity to share. So I started sharing what the bible does say.

One never knows when you will need to defend or share the bible. Just another reason to truly know what the bible says.

1 comment:

Sharon Brumfield said...

Girl that is too funny!
I have heard about the world ending in 2012...but not by flood! How funny....hope God uses your words to speak to her heart.
Good for you for speaking up.