Wednesday, March 11, 2009

The Battle Is The Lords

Today is an odd day. I got with this thought playing over and over in my mind:
The Battle Is The Lords
My thought was OK God where are we going with this. About an hour into the day I get a phone call my uncle passed away in his sleep. My mother was crying so I didn't get to much information from her at first. This brought back a flow of memories for her about my dad.

I can remember the night before he died. They were moving Dad to Hospice and when we arrived there was my aunt and uncle. There were there to support mom. Dad had some good laughs with my uncle and they talked about fishing. Then the next day when my dad passed they were there too. He was an encourager to Mom.

Now it keeps playing on my heart God wants me to talk to mom again about his love for her. So please be praying for me.

We will have to see where God is taking all this but I am will to go along as this world is God's battle and he gives me the complete armor to fight.

Ephesians 6:14-18
14Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place, and with your feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace. In addition to all this, take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one. Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God. And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the saints.

1 comment:

Denise said...

You will be in my prayers, sorry about your uncle.