Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Open Arms

I was leaving a coment on Sally's Blog today when this thought entered my mine.

I was thinking about how we don't feel worthy of God's grace. The Women at the Well was just like us.

John 4:4-10

Now he had to go through Samaria. So he came to a town in Samaria called Sychar, near the plot of ground Jacob had given to his son Joseph. Jacob's well was there, and Jesus, tired as he was from the journey, sat down by the well. It was about the sixth hour. When a Samaritan woman came to draw water, Jesus said to her, "Will you give me a drink?" (His disciples had gone into the town to buy food.) The Samaritan woman said to him, "You are a Jew and I am a Samaritan woman. How can you ask me for a drink?" (For Jews do not associate with Samaritans.)
Jesus answered her, "If you knew the gift of God and who it is that asks you for a drink, you would have asked him and he would have given you living water."

When God calls us we think why would God want to be my friend? Why would God ask me to do that? We question God like "he must be mistaken." We know God can't make mistakes but yet we think he slipped up this time because He wouldn't ask me to .......... Not after what I've been or been through. "I can't do that."

Well rest in God you can do anything with God's power. God knows what you can and can't do. By not going you will miss a great blessing from God. God loves you more than anyone else could possibly love you. If you are a mom think back to the moment you held your new baby. You felt much love and would do anything to protect that child. That is how God feels about us daily.

So run to God. His arms are opening wide waiting for you.

1 comment:

Kathy said...

Great thoughts! I agree!