Thursday, December 4, 2008

Sleepy Mouse

This sleepy mouse was most likely made in 1980. One of the things hubby and I did while we were dating was to attend ceramic classes with his sister. We even made gifts for our wedding party in these classes too. They were so much fun. Once we had kids we could go every week so we stopped. This mouse is a favorite on our tree.

We also have a tree we made while we were dating. We made a tree for my mom too. Years later Hubby made me a church for Christmas. That is so special.

I enjoy hand made gifts. That means they took time out of their busy life to sit and work on project for me. I know they must be thinking about me too while working on them. I know when we were making gifts we would share things about the person we were making the gift for. What a fun time.

I hope you enjoy your decorations as much I as do.

3 comments:

Mama said...

Thanks for dropping by my place. Please come again.

I enjoyed my visit here as well. This little mouse holds so much love and such sweet memories. That's very cool!

Denise said...

That is really cute.

Sharon Brumfield said...

You know when I was growing up we made all the Christmas gifts we gave.We didn't have a lot of money and it was cheaper to do this.
We have stepped away from that and with that we have lost something that is not given by a pre made gift.
I will have to think about that when next year comes around.
I love your little mouse and all that it represents. Sweet.
Praying for you and your job situation. Love ya girl