Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Rachel Ray

As you know if you follow my blog I support pet rescue centers and we got our kitten Milo from from a rescue center. That made it perfect for me to be at the Rachel Ray Show yesterday.
I went with my sister Cyndi and sister-in-law, Cindy. (just a fun note, both Cindy's have husband's named Rick. Makes family gatherings interesting.)
We arrived at the show 8:45. They were doing filming for a link on Rachel's web site behind the scene with the audience. That link should be up shortly.

Taping starts at 12:oo. The guest was Felicity Huffman of Desperate Housewives. She is the spokes person for IAMS pet food Home 4 the Holidays. They want to see 1 million pets adopted from rescue centers by the end of the year. You can read more about this program at the following site www.Iams.com/Home-4-the-Holidays

Rachel made Halloween treats because the show will air the week of Halloween. The snack of the day was the best cookies I've ever eaten. They were Apple Pie cookies. I'm a cookie eater so that says a lot.

Then my bonus was I got to say for a second taping. This show featured Matt and Amy for the show "Little People, Big World: on TLC. They helped Rachel make Chili served in a yellow squash.

I must say Rachel Ray is a sweet person. She joked with her crew and even walked down the ile after each show and greeted guest.

Before each show and during breaks the warm up guy R.C. Smith had fun with the audience. The Cindy's and I became know as "The 3 ladies from Pennsylvania." We were part of his jokes a lot. We were surprised we were the only ones from PA as it only takes 2 hours by bus to get there.

After the show we wanted to find the resturant they said to go to if you want to be served what Rachel made that day. We walked around the blocks for a bit but couldn't find it. So we found another nice place to dine. I had a wonderful bowl of potato soup.

6 comments:

Talk..to..Grams said...

OH WOW! How nice for you and the two Cindy's! I bet that is something else at family gatherings when it is Cindy and Rick and Cindi and Rick!!!!

I am so happy you got to have a good time at the show! Rachel Ray seems like a nice person!
Apple Pie cookies Yum! Hugs, Grams

Sharon Brumfield said...

How cool! I am glad ya'll had such a fun time. I was really anticipating what the whole Rachael Ray thing was going to be about.
I have caught her program on T.V a few times lately and I have enjoyed it. I really got away from watching all those cooking shows after I got out of the restaurant business. But I like her show because it has a little bit of everything.
I'm glad you had fun. Remind us when it comes on t.v.

Linda said...

Wow - what a fun, exciting day. It's nice to know Rachel Ray is just as nice in person.

Denise said...

Wow, sounds like a fun time sweetie.

sharon brobst said...

So cool! you'll have to let us know when it's on!

Talk..to..Grams said...

Hi Again! I was given the lovely Faithful Servant award and I wanted to share it with you. When you get time Please come by and pick it up. Hugs, Grams