Thursday, July 17, 2008

Thankful Thursday

I am thankful for God's provisions and plans. God knows what our needs are and it is awesome to have my eyes open and see it work.

When we left for our mission trip hubby's work was voting on a new contract. We have found out we are basically getting no raise for the next 4 years but a pay cut. Now my first response was how are we going to live with gas, heating and food prices going up. Then I came to my senses and gave it all over to God. I started giving Him praise for everything I use and buy and trust Him to meet the needs of our family (we have 2 in college). Then a week later I find out I will not have my job this fall. Ouch. God what are you doing here? But I will say hubby and I never stressed about it. I am looking. We even turned one job down for me that would be more money but felt God say "no not now, trust me." That was hard to do. But I am trusting God and not stressing out over it. I have a true peace.

What are we seeing in all this. We are seeing less money coming in but our savings growing by a couple of dollars each week. We are seeing growth in our knowledge and faith in Christ. We are seeing peace in each other.

I am thankful for God's provision and plan.

3 comments:

Kathy said...

You have a beautiful attitude toward what could be a very discouraging situation. I pray that everything will work out and I also believe that God will take care of you!

Sharon Brumfield said...

Amen girl...we all need to be reminded that He is so faithful. His ways are not our ways and He doesn't work in a way that is limited to time.
Keep on trusting Him....He will never fail us and His plans for us are so good.
Even when my mind does not understand how and what He is doing...I know that He is faithful to complete what He has begun.
Keep walking girl.....we will cross the finish line with a huge smile on our face and a great love in our hearts.

Talk..to..Grams said...

You are amazing with your sweet trust in our Father's provisions for you!! He is Faithful!! Praying this all works out for you all! Love and hugs Grams