Monday, July 14, 2008

Longing For Rest

My week end was so busy and very tiring that I longed for my bed and a good night of rest. I think that is why in church when my pastor referred to Heaven as the rest after a long life this hit an "awe ha" moment with me.

I spent a lot of time in the sun, that makes me tired. I spent a lot of time working and that makes me tired. I longed for rest. But let's look at it another way.

You are away from home on vacation, work ,or mission trip. It is now time to go home. Don't you just long to sleep in your own bed? Your home. I'm sure I'm not the only one who feels t his way.

That is how we should long for Heaven. We should think of heaven with longing and it being the rest and reward for all the hard work, life we have been though.

Our earthly rest is only a little glimpse of the rest our Heavenly Father has waiting for us, so we should long for it even more.

2 comments:

Talk..to..Grams said...

Hi Sandi, I have a couple of minutes so will stop in a see how you are doing! I read your post saying you have a brace on your arm. I hope it is feeling better now.
I bet you are tired if you had a big garage sale. I am glad your Mom did good with it!
Thank you so much for your prayers for Nancy! I appreciate this so much! Love and hugs Grams

live love laugh hope said...

Great thoughts and thanks for sharing them!