Wednesday, June 18, 2008

One of my favorite things are when I'm reading my bible and I come across a verse or part of a verse that I never noticed before even though I know it was always there. That is what happen to me this week.

1 Timothy 4:7-8
Have nothing to do with godless myths and old wives' tales; rather, train yourself to be godly. For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for both the present life and the life to come.

It mentions "old wives' tales" We are to have nothing to do with them. How often do we use the old wives tails as remedies for something. I think my favorite was the bar of ivory soap at the bottom of the bed to remove back pain.

Then the words "physical training" I never saw those words before they are of some value. The value is found in godliness. That I knew was there. Basically we need godliness in our lives to have a healthy life and physical training will be of some help. So that does mean we should be working out a little each day.

God knows just where my life is right now and showed me some scripture to let me know even before I was born he wrote words for me in my weight lost challenge. He is an awesome God.

1 comment:

Mark Bugyi said...

But a bar of Ivory soap in the mouth does work every time.
Mark B.