Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Stumbling

Two years ago a friend nicely pointed out to me when I walk I often stumble. Now you would think I would of known I stumble when I walk but I did not. You see it was just a way of life for me and I didn't notice it. It was routine. Once she mentioned it to me I became aware of how often I stumble. One day I counted I stumbled 4 times while food shopping. They were stumble that I had to grip the shopping cart to keep from hitting the ground.

This got me to thinking lately. Let's look at stumbling as our sins. We may not know we have a sin till someone question us on it and God makes it aware to us. It was just our way of life. Once we acknowledge the sin we are more observant to the sin. It seems like it is getting so far out of control at time we will fall and hit bottom. We won't be able to get back up.

But we have an awesome God and as we are falling we just need to reach out to Him and hold on. He will hold us up. He will be our "shopping cart" going forward.

I can say once I became aware of the stumbling I learned to adjust my steps so I no longer stumble when I walk. Well once in a great while I might have something like a stone that trips me but I am quick to recover.

That is true with our sin too. Once we know it is a sin we can overcome it with God's help. Yes a stone may trip us once in awhile but we are quick to recover.

3 comments:

Sharon Brumfield said...

There has been much stumbling lately in my life. A season of unrest.
When I am fully walking again....I want to find my feet on the right path.
I will pray for you---you pray for me.
Sometimes I think it would be great to be able to go to sleep and wake when all is right....but then I know that I would miss so much....so much of seeing that He is a faithful loving God. He is concerned in a loving way....to see that we are filled with the fruit of the Spirit...love joy peace.
He will come.

Kathy said...

Great thoughts! I enjoyed your post!

Denise said...

Awesome thoughts my friend.