Friday, April 4, 2008

Greeting Your Master


Last night as I was driving to bible study I saw a man coming home and his dog running to greet him. This made me think of our dog Queen Kaci (as she is know in our house). Since Kaci was about 13 weeks old (we had her a week by then). She would wait for Hubby to come home. As a puppy when the time would get close she would start crying by the door. Drove me crazy. You see the time hubby comes home can change each day. Now she doesn't wait, she either hears the jeep or we say "Daddy is home." She runs to the door, stands on her hind legs and her tail goes so fast one day I'm sure she will tak off.
She can't wait to be with her master.


So this got me to thinking. How do I greet my master? Do I daily get excited each time? Do I look forward to time with Him with excitement? I must admit most days I just get my stuff together and sit down and start spending time with God. I don't get excited each time as I'm gathering my study stuff. What about you? Did you ever think about it?

3 comments:

Denise said...

Wow, great post. We should all be very excited to daily greet our Master.

Talk..to..Grams said...

HI, That was a very good post!! So glad to be back on line!! Love and Hugs Grams

Sharon Brumfield said...

Yes, I think about this. I think if I had to come and spend time with me some mornings---I don't think I would.
But how cool would it be if we could truly sit knee to knee and talk?
I think I could get excited about that. Wonder why the reality that He is really there does not hit me the same way?
Kind of sad. Glad He does not stop showing up. ;)