Thursday, March 27, 2008

Thankful Thursday

I'm so Thankful I'm a pillar. We are doing a bible study by a gal at our Church Sally Hall , entitled What's A Woman To Do. She really got me to thing about the following verse.

Psalm 144:12
Let our sons in their youth be as grown- up plants, and our daughters as corner pillars fashioned as for a palace.

Here is the meaning she give for pillar: place of prominence, support, occupies a central or responsible position. Attend, defend, give stability, to join.

So here are some of my thoughts.

So often we want to be the palace and have all the nice things that go along with it but not the constance work.

But when you get right down to it I think I would rather be the pillar. I like to be the support, to have the strength it take to get though the good and bad days. To be out in the weather and remain strong. However even a pillar will show wear and needs to be taken care of . God is that care. When we feel weak and beaten by our storms we need to remember God is doing the maintenance work on us and we will remain in a position of prominence in His eyes. He placed each of us in a central location that needs our stability, strength and support.

2 comments:

Denise said...

Amen, thanks for such a lovely post my friend.

sharon brobst said...

I really enjoyed that too! A pillar- it really gives a new meaning to being a helper or support to my husband!