Thursday, December 13, 2007

Thankful Thursday

I am so thankful for the snow and ice storm we are having. OK some of you are thinking are you crazy. No I am thankful.

I'm enjoying this day so very much. I finished most of my Christmas shopping on the Internet and by making a phone call. I only have one person to shop for yet. Then I spent time finishing my cookie baking. I am also at the same time watching Christmas Movies on Life Time TV.

But the best time was the time I spent with God this morning. I spent extra time praying for my children. You see my son is driving home from college in this ice storm. Rather than let my mind wonder what could go wrong I prayed for his future and relationship with God. Then I thought I could spent extra time praying for each of my family members.

I am so thankful for days like today when it seems like the world is standing still. I love the times I get to spent extra time looking into God's word. I like to look in to His word rather than read it. When you read it that is all you do but when you look in to His word you are see what God has for you to learn.

So I"m thanking God for weather outside.

4 comments:

Mark Bugyi said...

I'd enjoy this day even more so if I had a big bottle of cherry syrup.
I'd be making snow cones out of this stuff!

Denise said...

Bless you dear one.

Kathy said...

That is a wonderful attitude at a time when you might be tempted to worry. I pray for your son's safe travel.

Talk..to..Grams said...

Enjoy your time with your son! This is a special time for sure!! Hugs, Grams