Monday, December 31, 2007

My 2008 Resolutions

It is that time of year when I enjoy making resolutions. I know some I may not keep but I enjoy trying. I make five every year. I look at it this way. At least I made some good in my life for a time. Every year it seems I keep a few. Last year I to learn to study my bible more in depth daily, not just with bible study groups. Every day I would read my bible and could say I read though my bible in a year. I was never taught at my last church how to study the bible on my own. I improved my relationship with hubby. Lastly to find a good bible teaching believing church. Our new church is such a blessing to our family. (One day I'll share how God is working in hubby's life). Sorry not sharing the two I didn't keep.

Now to 2008
*I want to lose 10 lbs during this year. I believe I can do it because I few years ago I lost 40lbs in one year.

*I want to learn how to memorize scripture and memorize 20 this year. This could be a challenge as I'm at the stage of life where my memory is not top notch.

* I want to kept God the center of my marriage and I also want to only speak words of encouragement and praise of hubby.

*I want to get a personal matter under control. I will need God's guidance in this one. Not sure where to start and what to do. I could use your extra prayer for this one.

* I want to learn to cook one meal that my family knows will be eatable 99% of the time. This is the biggest challenge if you know me.

So there you have it. I will keep you posted on how I do.

MAY GOD BLESS ALL OF YOU THOUGH OUT 2008.

3 comments:

Kathy said...

I hope you are able to accomplish what you've set out to do! Happy New Year to you!

bp said...

I enjoyed reading your list. I have started memorizing a new verse each week. I post it on my blog if you'd like to join in.

Denise said...

I will pray that you will be able to accomplish all of these things sweetie.