Monday, September 17, 2007

Trust

This week end we went to visit friends who living the woods. We took our dog with us. Now this alone is a challenge because she gets car sick. She takes motion sickness pills.

Our dog, Kaci is now 4 and has reached the age where she listen fairly well so we don't often leash her when she is with us. She ran freely through the wood area trusting us to keep her safe. Like the moment when I sitting on the ground petting her and a small snake slither up, we went right inside for safety. Later she was running and ran into a sticker bush. She came running back and laid down for about 1/2 hour while we pulled and cut the stickers out. No one had a comb. She didn't mind she trusted the pulling and cutting would make her feel better in the end.

I think my most enjoyable moment with her was when we saw 6 deer. The dog and deer just stood looking at each other for awhile. I'm told these are friendly, that is why they walk right up to you. Kaci trusted us when we called her to come stand next to us. She wanted so bad to chase the deer but knew we knows what is best.

So I was thinking about this.
Our we trust our dog because though her life she has matured to the point we know she can now handle being obedeint when tempation comes her way. God is like that with us he gives us more based on our obediene.

Kaci is a dog who trust us, humans. The Dog doesn't question our decisions. Why can't we trust God like that. Why do we question God? God knows what is best for us. God is my best friend so I will trust and not question why.

Psalm 31:14
But I trust in you, O LORD; I say, "You are my God."

1 comment:

Kathy said...

Hi Sandi,
Thanks for visiting my blog. I enjoyed your story about your dog! I will continue to visit and read your thoughts!