Friday, September 28, 2007

Family Friday

If I had to pick two words to sum up this week I would say Health and Hormonal.

My father was in the hospital to get his defibrillator/pacemaker replaced. He was in over night. Even with this technology his heart only works at 10%.

Amanda has been sick for over a week and went to the doctor three times in a matter of 10 days. It seems her body was rejecting the antibiotics the Doctor gave her. We are praying she is now on the right medicine.

I had 2 very hormonal days. I would cry at the slightest breeze. I am so thankful for friends who prayed me though those 2 days. I was missing my son and had some hard conversations with my daughter. Top it off with my father's health and you have emotions.
Yesterday I went to my family doctor for clearance for my hysterectomy surgery (10/12). They found something on my EKG which we will deal with after recovery. I will most likely next need a stress test. I claimed the following verse this week:
Isaiah 40:29
He gives strength to the weary
And increases the power of the weak.

My son is back at college but fall break starts on the 4th so he will be home for 5 days. Three of those 5 days I will be away on a women's retreat.

Our major event now is with Fred our cat.

He has this green hair ribbon he carries every where. He LOST it. If you had a child that wouldn't go to sleep with out their special something that is what we are dealing with. Fred was up crying looking for this ribbon last night. We know
he is looking because if you follow him from room to room he is looking under things and all around. He just wants us to follow him all over the house today. He wants us looking. Poor Fred. Poor us if we can't find it or a new one. If anyone knows where we can get these old yarn hair ribbons please let me know.

5 comments:

Kathy said...

Sorry you had such a rough week. Hope your weekend will be better.

Denise said...

Keeping you covered in prayers. So sorry that you had such a rough week. Please take care.

live love laugh hope said...

Sorry you are going through so much. Another great verse to help in times like these is:
Isaiah 41:13 For I am the LORD, your God, who takes hold of your right hand and says to you, Do not fear; I will help you.

It helped me after my grandma died, my husband was sick, I was having health issues, and a couple months later we moved. Lots of stress! I put it on my visor and just kept repeating it over and over. God bless.

Anonymous said...

Sandi........
You are a Testimony to The Lord, of Joy and Trust, so I know it takes a lot to get you down.
.......
I'll be keeping you and your family, in my prayers.......
and we're here for you.

sharon brobst said...

Sandi~ thanks for your visit. Actually I just sat down last night and wrote A Magical Dance. I'm sure my thoughts are not very orginal...but I do write alot...it's therapy to me...and sometimes I just get an idea and it flows out...

Sorry you had such a bad week. I'll be praying for you. Know I understand....