Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Don't Miss Your Chance

We never know when someones time on earth will come to an end. So don't miss your chance to share the gospel message with love ones.

I've been missing my brother lately. You see I grew up in an unsaved, unchurched family. I had 2 older brothers and 1 younger sister. My brother who was closest to me in age is Mike. We fought a lot until one day I decided I will not let the the fighting go on. I made the decision to love my brother and be kind to him no matter what he says or does.

It was around that time I started attending church with a friend. I came to except Christ as my Lord and Savior of my life.

From the day I made the decision to change my behavior toward my brother we became close friends. I cried when my brother left for air force. I just knew his life would change. It did. He became involved in drugs. About a two years after he got out of the service Mike committed suicide.

I still battle with is he in heaven.? A guess on the what I know, I would say no he is not. But I cling to the fact I don't know what happen in those last few hours of his life. I still have not forgiven myself for not sharing the gospel with him. I will start going off on how would he know Jesus I never shared with him. But I trust my Lord when he says everyone shall be given a chance to know me. Someone shared Christ with Mike.

I miss Mike. And today I just want to say in Mike's honor share the gospel with those you love you may just save a life.

2 comments:

Kathy said...

You are so right, and I think we forget to do this too often.

Denise said...

So sorry about the sadness you are feeling today.