Monday, July 16, 2007

I'm Board, There's Nothing To Do!

It has been a few years since I had young children in my house over the summer to hear the most popular complaint. "I'm board, there's nothing to do, it was heard every summer in my house when the kids were younger. Oh I could give them things to do, read a book, go for a bike ride, do a craft, clean their room, take a nap, you are getting the idea. I'm sure if you have or had young kids you were in this same situation.

Well today it hit me, they are always busy and they have no time to do "nothing". They don't even have time to do all they want to do. Then I thought about myself. I've been at that same point in my life as you may have been too. We are always on the "go" housework, meetings, activities, church events, you are getting the idea. Then came the day I found myself saying where is God in my day?

Sure I started each day in prayer and off I would go. I was always told to start your day in prayer and God will guide you though. But I wanted time to sit at my Lords feet daily. So I had to look at my day and eliminate things in order to do that. I had to go to God and seek his advice. I asked God what do you want me to do? Then I had to be obedient and do what God wanted of me as far as saying "NO" to somethings. That was hard but the joy that comes with sitting at the Lord's feet daily is far more of a blessing.


Psalm 84:11
For the LORD God is a sun and shield;
the LORD bestows favor and honor;
no good thing does he withhold
from those whose walk is blameless.

Luke 11:28
Blessed are those who hear the word of God and obey it."

No comments: