Thursday, June 14, 2007

Remain In Me

So today I was thinking we are to become like Christ. This means I have to change my thinking to be in harmony with the Lord because he won't change my ways with a flip of the switch.

John 15:4
Remain in me, and I will remain in you. No branch can bear fruit by itself; it must remain in the vine. Neither can you bear fruit unless you remain in me.

So I need to change my circumstances. Jesus was at home anywhere with God. He submitted to God at all times.

So I think of the the things that take control of my life during my day. Maybe you say some of these things too.
Yes Lord just a minute I have to do ...... I still have to do this or finish that. I'll be with you as soon as I get done with.......
But you continue on to the next and next thing and it is just a part of your life.

Just writing this is a challenge. I am talking on instance messenger thinking I can do both. Well OK I said I'll sign off I M and just do the blog. The phone rang so I picked it up and started talking with a friend. This is to me my personal time with God why do I set it aside for others?

If someone like the a President or Queen of England asked to meet with you how many things would you do and keep them waiting. I would guess you would make the time. Well Christ should be more important then them.

Now if I want to remain in Christ I need to make a conscious effort. I must be determined to remain in Christ wherever I am and what ever I do. I need to commit to my time with God is God's times.

No comments: