Wednesday, June 6, 2007

Put That Luggage Down

This morning as I'm reading, something Max Lucado wrote reminded me of my past.
"How can you lift someone else's load if your arms are full." As I reflected on that I see how it can be taken different ways.

First if you are carrying all your baggage of life around daily where does that leave room for you to serve others? You need to let go of the past and give it completely over to God. Once you put that luggage down God will use you in ways you can't begin to imagine.

Here is my life experience of carrying my baggage. I was not a popular student in school. I hung with the "religious kids". I was often a joke to many people. Because of this I withdrew into myself. You had to make an effort to get to know me before I open up and talk. So it was at that time my need for writing started. I was learning to pour my heart out in writing. I've had a few thing published. It wasn't until I wrote an article for "Today's Christian Women" a two years ago that I realized I need to put down my baggage and let God put those things away. Since then I am becoming more out going and willing to help others with out delay. God is now opening my eyes to the luggage other need help carrying. He is giving me words of wisdom for them. They may not be the words I would give but I can now say with 100% confidence they are the words God wants them to hear.

The other way to look at what Max Lucado said is, if we are so busy with our lives moving things and going places how can be take time to witness to the unsaved who may be sitting next to you at a game, the play ground, shopping or just about anywhere.
I've had an agenda during the day. When I took the kids to the park they often played and I would read the book I just had to get done. The kids would go swimming and I had my book. We would go to games and I went to watch so I spent time with the family. Then it was game over time to get home we have to ....................... You can fill in your own plans. I know you have them too. Shopping was to fill my void I didn't have time to talk to people. I had no room in my day to lift someone else and show them Christ lives in me.

I am so glad God has taken my baggage and is putting it away himself.
Galatians 6:2 NIV • Carry each other's burdens, and in this way you will fulfill the law of Christ.

No comments: