Monday, March 10, 2008

Activity Or Awareness

I was reading my Devotion from Max Lucado this morning. He said something that really got me to think.
Think of prayer less as an activity for God and more as an awareness of God.

Our lives are so busy. We are taking care of our families. We may work outside the home too and have to focus on that. We are involved in church activities. We often wonder when can I fit in my time alone with God today. We are told to schedule it into our day. That can be a good thing if you stick with it and don't push it aside till later when something comes up.

Now if we think of prayer as an awareness of God we will find more time. Talk with God though the day. Thank Him for the family as you are packing their lunch. Talk to Him as you fill your car with gas instead of grumbling about the price. Give God praise as you wait at the bank. Give Him thanks as you are shopping He provides for your needs. If you are aware of God in everything, all day, your prayer life will change too. Soon you will realize your prayers become more of praise and Thank you rather than a "help" list.

Just something I was thinking about.

Colossians 4:2 NKJV
Continue earnestly in prayer, being vigilant in it with thanksgiving.

2 comments:

Denise said...

Amen, give Him praise always in all ways.

Anonymous said...

I totally agree!