Saturday, February 16, 2008

Done Deal

I enjoy reading Max Lucado. Today while I was reading he was taking about marriage at the beginning. He asked if you were more married after 15 years. I had to think about that and at first I said yes. Then I read on. He said you are the same married as when you walked out of the ceremony that first day as you are now, you just grew and matured.

He then went on to talk about your Christian life. Are you more of a Christian today than when you first were saved. Of course now I said NO but got to thinking. We don't really think that way. We do think we are more of a Christian because we have matured and are growing.

I liked how Max ended his entry today.
"The same is true of our walk with God. Can you be more saved than you were the first day of your salvation? No. But can a person grow in salvation? Absolutely. It, like marriage, is a done deal and a daily development."

We all know marriage takes work and communication. So does our salvation. It is about developing a relationship with someone and committing to them.

2 comments:

Sharon Brumfield said...

I think I would have probably responded the same way. I guess the answer is based on my feelings. I feel more married and I feel more like a Christian.I am more in love with both individuals. ;)
It is a maturing process.

Denise said...

It is definitely a growing relationship.