Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Planning My Day To Do Nothing

I've been debating with myself on what to blog about today. Many of you keep asking how I am and sending good wishes for recovery so I think I'll first start with how I'm doing.

The hard thing for me is not doing anything. My Pastor (love the guy)asked me yesterday "How do you plan your day to do nothing?" Good question I wish I knew I seem to keep finding trouble or it finds me. I was getting ready to climb on a chair to reach something yesterday when the phone rang. I got down answered the phone it was my mother! Her first words to me were "I'm calling to see if you are staying out of trouble." I thought I'm in my 40's and still getting busted my mom. I hate not doing anything. I can only sit a short time and only stand a short time. I am not sleeping but that might be because my night I am in the most discomfort in the evening.

I see Satan trying to attack me during my weakness but I praise God I am spending more time with my Lord and am able to quote scripture to him. That brings me to the second part.

At church we are doing the Beth Moore Study Breaking Free. The study is helping me deal with loss or death over someone or something. For over a year I've been battling a loss. Beth describes it like this:
Anything that breaks the heart is a legitimate reason for seeking the healing only Christ can bring. I need to remember this. She goes on to say Nothing is more natural than grief after a devastating loss, but those of us in Christ can experience satisfying life again. The life of a Christian is never about sameness. It is always changing. That's why we must learn to survive and once again thrive when change involves heartbreaking loss. We've been conformed to the image of Christ. When our hearts are hemorrhaging with grief and loss, never forget that Christ binds and compresses it with a nail scarred hand.

After reading this and studying what she had to say I have to agree. Today I had lunch with a very dear friend. When the topic started coming up I gently place my hand on her arm and said,"I need to stop you before you say more I want to move on and not know what is going on." She agreed and understood it is hard. We would love to share our hurt with each other but on this topic we can't. Sometime we just need to share it with God like David did in the Psalms.

So that is what I have been up too.

3 comments:

Denise said...

Bless your precious heart. I am glad God has healed your grief. Please take care of yourself, praying for you to be able to sleep peacefully tonight.

sharon brobst said...

Sandi I totally understand! When I was "laid up" after my accident it was so hard not to do anything! We are so use to doing...doing...

So glad to hear what God is doing through BF - we'll miss you this week!!

Sharon Brumfield said...

I have been through the BF study and I agree Beth has some great thing to say.
Good for you being able to stand up for what you know to be truth.
Sometimes the only thing that will bring healing is to stop talking about it.
I pray this study helps you as it did me. She shares some great truths.
Congrats on your award.